Friday, April 11, 2014

Lent #33 (Friday, April 11th)

Psalm 147:1-20

If there's one thing that I am reminded of every day, it is to praise God! There is always something that comes to mind, that I see, that moves my spirit, that touches my conscience that moves me to say "Thank you, God!"

This last weekend and part of this week we had our daughter, Sarah, and her two kids, Layla and Griffin, down from Goshen, IN for a visit. It was the longest time we spent together in a couple of years. Being able to wake up and have my grandchildren greet me with hugs and kisses and wide smiles definitely brought a smile to my lips and a warmth to my heart. (and made my spirit soar) It also prompted me to praise God (and even for those memories that I will treasure until I see them again).

It's unfortunate that our time together had to end and that we have to live almost 7 hours apart, but I am very thankful for them, for their love, for the joy they have, for the faithful lives they are leading, for the blessings that they are to me. It makes me well up inside to say...

..."Thank You, Jesus!"

This Psalm is all about this kind of praise. Recognizing what it is in our lives that God has had his hand in (everything) should make us want to offer thanks and praise, especially when the work God is doing or has done includes healing our broken hearts.





"Praise the Lord! Because it is good to sing praise to our God! Because it is a pleasure to make beautiful praise!" (Psalm 147:1, CEB)

What is it that brings you to praise God? What do you see, or are experiencing, right now that you can and should praise God for? 

Even if right now you can't praise God for your circumstance, maybe you can praise God that you are still breathing, that God is near, that God is working quietly behind the scenes. 

Look carefully. There is something for which we should all give God thanks and praise. 

And it just might change our perspective when we do.

Prayer: God, thank You for ____________________________. Amen.

Peace ><>
Pastor Chris

No comments: